The Performance Coach Course is for Head & Assistant Coaches working with advanced teams, with higher technical competencies and understanding of the game.
The course develops the Principles of Play through Functional Role Analysis of the Identities of rugby.
At the end of the course the coach is expected to develop individual players’ abilities to undertake and adjust their specific roles in a changing environment within each of the identities of rugby.
Sport specific and generic modules are examined at a more advanced level, together with the introduction of modules which develop the coaches’ ability to understand interpersonal relationships, team dynamics in conjunction with increasing the players’ tactical appreciation.
- Head or Assistant Coach position (actively coaching at an appropriate level – Stage 4)
- Stage 3 Coach Accreditation
- Assimilated – Proven senior/professional rugby playing or coaching experience
*Priority will be given to Coaches working at the higher levels
Numbers Per Course
50 maximum/15 minimum
- Full course attendance (1 weekend).
- Additional requirements will be confirmed on the course.