Ashbourne RFC has been confirmed as the venue for the upcoming Women’s All-Ireland Cup final. UL Bohemians, the reigning league champions, and Blackrock, last year’s Plate winners, will face off at the County Meath venue on Saturday, March 30 (kick-off 2.30pm).
The All-Ireland Plate and Shield competitions will also be decided in Ashbourne on the day. Old Belvedere and Railway Union are up first in the Women’s All-Ireland Plate final at midday. That is before the Women’s All-Ireland Shield decider between Tralee and Cooke at 1.30pm.
WOMEN’S ALL-IRELAND CUP FINALS: Saturday, March 30
Cup Final: Blackrock v UL Bohemians, Ashbourne RFC, 2.30pm
Plate Final: Old Belvedere v Railway Union, Ashbourne RFC, 12pm
Shield Final: Tralee v Cooke, Ashbourne RFC, 1.30pm
In the event of a draw in any of the games, the following regulations will come in to effect:
– If clubs are tied at full-time, extra-time of 10 minutes each way will be played
– If still tied, the team who has scored the most tries will be the winners
– If still tied, the team who scored the first try will be the winners
– If no tries have been scored, the team that scored the first points in the match will be the winners
– If the game is scoreless, penalty kicks will be be taken to decide the winners