Applications are now invited for the IRFU Leadership Development Programme for the 2019/20 season.
The IRFU ‘Spirit of Rugby’ initiative is aimed at active volunteers who are interested in helping to shape the future of Irish Rugby.
The Leadership Development Programme focuses on:
- Self Learning
- Authentic Leadership Under Pressure
- Leading Teams
- Leading Change
The modules will be offered across four weekends during the course of the 2019/20 season.
The aim of the programme is to support the development of the next generation of leaders who can reinforce the culture of volunteering and assist clubs in developing a ‘best-practice’ inclusive approach to build clubs of the future in their communities.
Inclusivity is a core value of Irish Rugby and this course is open to innovative leaders in age-grade rugby and/or Women’s rugby who are driving inclusive agendas within their clubs.
The programme is limited to 20 places and successful candidates will be invited to interview the week of August 19. A short-listing process will be held to select applicants for interview.
The programme will take place in Killashee Hotel, Naas, Co. Kildare on the following dates:
- Friday, September 20 & Saturday, September 21, 2019
- Friday, November, 8 & Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Friday, January 24 & Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Friday, February 21 & Saturday, February 22, 2020
Friday start will be 7pm (with an address from key-note speakers in the world of business and sport) and Saturday will run from 9am to 4pm. It is necessary to attend all four weekends.
Please complete the IRFU Leadership Development Programme application form and email to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is strictly 1pm on Friday August 2, 2019.
- Exploring who you are as a leader
- Your personal values and natural modus operandi
- What does performance leadership mean to you?
- Benefits of authenticity – how do you measure up?
- Developing your leadership coaching skills
Authentic Leadership Under Pressure
- Understanding the impact of pressure on behaviours and performance
- Understanding the effect of pressure in the way which you think and behave and how you can become more resilient as a leader – maintain high levels of performance for longer
- Personal branding – how do you communicate in an authentic manner and how do you maintain this under pressure
- Factors which enhance team performance
- How to meet the unique demands and needs of each individual to enhance team performance
- Identifying the fundamental stages of team development and how to fast track this
- Building effective relationships with stakeholders/support networks
- Empowering others to lead and follow in equal measure
- Understand people’s varying response to change
- Take theory into action and managing conflict
- Coaching and leading your team through change
- Choosing the right communication techniques
- Negotiating for win-win and developing productive partnerships