The Irish Rugby Football Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant National Team Physiotherapist. Appointment to this position will be on a contract for service basis for a period of 14- 20 weeks per year.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified personnel to provide additional physiotherapy services to the Irish National Squad around and during National Squad camps and tournament / tour windows.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver best practice sports physiotherapy services in partnership with the National Team Doctor and National Team Physiotherapist.
In addition, along with delivering physiotherapy services to the National Team with the National Team Physiotherapist, the successful candidate will liaise with Provincial Physiotherapists as required.
Reporting to the Team Doctor and National Team Physiotherapist the successful candidate will have:
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent in sports physiotherapy/manipulative therapy.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in Professional Rugby or other Elite High Performance team sports.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- More than 5 years experience in elite-level sports physiotherapy would be an advantage.
To apply please email your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience or alternatively post to:
Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is 5th October 2012.