Leinster Rugby have announced their involvement in the FAS Work Placement Programme (WPP).
The Work Placement Programme (WPP) is designed to offer unemployed people, including unemployed graduates, the opportunity to obtain nine months’ experience in a work situation.
Participants gain experience so that they can keep their skills fresh and relevant to the job market.
For recent graduates, they have an opportunity to apply their skills in a work situation and to get real work experience to add to their qualification.
These positions will be:
– Based in the Dublin area
– Working with the Community Rugby department
– Working with clubs/schools and community groups at grassroots level
Some of the areas where participants will gain experience are as follows:
– Promote the game of rugby football and improve playing/performance standards
– Increase participation at all levels of the game and increase player base
– Develop links with schools and clubs to promote rugby within their identified area and identify prospective rugby players
– Ensure that rugby is run effectively and encourage best practice, by providing guidance
If you are interested in finding out more about the WPP or about applying for the positions offered, you need to follow these steps:
– Register with your local FAS office for the WPP Scheme
– Search for the position on the FAS Jobs Bank – Community Rugby Officers for Greater Dublin area
– Follow the instructions on the web to make your application