|The Stage 2 Coaching Course is an introduction to the 15 a side game for coaches and helpers with limited experience in rugby.
Safety and enjoyment are the main themes of the course, and therefore the course is suited for people working with pre/early teenage and adolescent players.
The course develops the coach as 'Teacher'.
• Participants must be a minimum of 16 yrs of age.
Important Note: Coaches aged 16-18 yrs old are restricted to performing in an Assistant Coach role, under the direct supervision and guidance of an Accredited Stage 2 Rugby coach aged 18yrs or older.
• Priority (where required) will be given to participants actively involved in coaching at Stage 2.
35 maximum/15 minimum
• Pre-Course Requirement - all attendees must complete an online 'Concussion Awareness' module and examination before printing off their certificate of completion and presenting it upon arrival at the course. Details of this online module are available from the local Branch Coach Development Office.
• Full course attendance.
• Practical demonstration (on course) of safety awareness in skills requiring contact.
• Sign-off and awareness of the IRFU "Child Welfare Document".
The IRFU reserves the right to modify, replace or add to accreditation requirements in accordance with updates to Coach Development programmes.