Terenure College RFC are seeking a new head coach for the 2019/20 season. The club confirmed recently that current head coach James Blaney will be stepping down at the end of their current campaign in All-Ireland League Division 1A.
Blaney is a former club captain who played for both Leinster and Munster before returning to the club as assistant coach in 2005 and taking up the position of head coach in 2012.
Terenure College RFC stated: “Founded in 1940, we are a community club, and in our club’s relatively short history, there have been many notable achievements and successes. Competing in Division 1A of the All-Ireland League, and currently fielding six men’s teams (incl Under-20s), with a vibrant Mini and Youth boys and girls rugby programme and the Terenure Tigers (Disability Rugby programme).
“Our top class facilities include a 4G pitch and a high performance gym. Our strong and enviable link to Terenure College has led to the development of some of the finest players at provincial, Ireland Club XV, international and British & Irish Lions levels.
“This is an exciting opportunity to work with a very talented, ambitious and enthusiastic squad of players and club with a collective desire to perform and win at the highest level.”
The successful candidate will develop and implement a clear strategy with a view to delivering success at the highest level. They will be highly ambitious, and possess a strong focus on player development, creating a winning culture in a positive environment.
– Overall responsibility for senior squad performance
– Deliver highly skilled, motivated pitch sessions with clear game-plan and training strategies to maximise player output on match day
– Understand squad development areas, and working with our recruitment team identify recruitment requirements
– Build strong relationships with all coaching staff, S&C, medical, including second XV and Under-20s, with clear alignment on style of play and playbook
– Conduct regular reviews with coaching team against KPIs
– Reporting to Chairman of Rugby
Key Strength Areas & Competencies
– Leadership on and off the pitch
– Excellent communication skills
– Player management & welfare
– Planning, assessing, reporting
– Proven track record
IRFU Stage 3 or 4 (or equivalent)
– CVs should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Terenure College RFC office can be called on (01) 4904283 from 9am to 4pm, Mondays to Fridays
– Application closing date is Friday, April 5
– The role starts in May 2019