Player welfare is the primary concern of the Ireland medical and management team. All of the medical experts directly involved in the management of Jonathan Sexton are satisfied that he is fit to return to the field of play.
In light of some disappointing and inaccurate commentary in the media by individuals with no medical expertise, the IRFU would like to clarify some facts pertaining to the medical management of Ireland out-half Jonathan Sexton.
– Jonathan has been symptom free for two months
– Jonathan was cleared to return to play on Thursday, February 5 by:
(1) Independent neurologists in France and Ireland
(2) The FFR concussion review committee
(3) The Racing Metro 92 medical team
(4) The Ireland medical team