The Ireland Under-20 team, sponsored by PwC, has been named by head coach Nigel Carolan ahead of Friday’s U-20 RBS 6 Nations showdown with France at Dubarry Park (kick-off 7.05pm).
There are two changes to the back-line from the Championship opener last Friday when the Ireland Under-20s overcame their Italian counterparts 47-15 in Biella..
Stephen Fitzgerald, who will win his first cap at this level, is named on the left wing, replacing Greg O’Shea who picked up an injury during the Italian game.
Sam Arnold makes his first start of the tournament, coming in to partner Garry Ringrose in the centre, with Fergal Cleary named among the replacements.
Speaking about the crunch clash with France, which will be broadcast live on RTÉ Two, head coach Nigel Carolan said: “It was great to get the tournament off to a winning start. We are looking forward to playing the French side at home. The guys have been working very hard, but we have no doubt we have a tough battle on our hands against a strong, physical side.”
Match tickets can be bought now by calling into the Buccaneers RFC office at Dubarry Park (9.30am to 3pm daily) or at the Bounty from 12 noon daily.
Stand tickets are virtually sold out, so if you want to be sure of a reserved seat, it is best to purchase tickets in advance. However, tickets will be on sale at the turnstiles on match night. There has been exceptional demand for the pre-match function and it is totally sold out.
Ticket prices – Stand €;20; Ground/Terrace €;15; OAP/Student €;10; Family €;30 (admits 2 adults and 2 children to terrace). Contact details are: 0861732711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concession vouchers for Under-16s are available to schools and clubs in the region. Primary school children will be admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult, while secondary school children get in for half-price: €;5.
Present your voucher at the ticket box and you could win an Ireland jersey signed by Robbie Henshaw! The winner’s name will be drawn at half-time. If your school or club wishes to get a supply of the concession vouchers, contact Geraldine at 0861732711.
IRELAND UNDER-20 Team & Replacements (v France Under-20s, 2015 Under-20 RBS 6 Nations, Dubarry Park, Buccaneers RFC, Friday, February 13, kick-off 7.05pm):
15. Billy Dardis (UCD/Leinster)
14. Jack Owens (Queen’s University Belfast/Ulster)
13. Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster)
12. Sam Arnold (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
11. Stephen Fitzgerald (Shannon/Munster)
10. Ross Byrne (UCD/Leinster)
9. Nick McCarthy (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
1. Jeremy Loughman (UCD/Leinster)
2. Zack McCall (Queen’s University Belfast/Ulster)
3. Oisin Heffernan (Terenure College/Leinster)
4. David O’Connor (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
5. Alex Thompson (Queen’s University Belfast/Ulster)
6. Josh Murphy (UCD/Leinster)
7. Rory Moloney (Buccaneers/Connacht)
8. Lorcan Dow (Queen’s University Belfast/Ulster)
16. Adam McBurney (Ballymena/Ulster)
17. Michael Lagan (Ballymena/Ulster)
18. Conan O’Donnell (Sligo/NUIG/Connacht)
19. Cian Romaine (Buccaneers/Connacht)
20. Nick Timoney (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
21. Jack Cullen (Shannon/Munster)
22. Joey Carbery (UCD/Leinster)
23. Fergal Cleary (Lansdowne/Leinster)
IRELAND UNDER-20 Management Team –
Nigel Carolan – Head Coach
Colin McEntee – Assistant Coach/High Performance Manager
John Fogarty – Assistant Coach/Scrum Coach
Steven Aboud – Assistant Coach/Head of Technical Direction
Hendrik Kruger – Team Manager
Sinéad Bennett – Squad Co-ordinator
Garrett Coughlan – Physio
Will Duggan – Doctor
Eamonn Flanagan – Strength and Conditioning Coach
Lar Hogan – Baggage Master
Gareth Rossi – Massage Therapist
Jim Herring – Performance Analyst
Maria Boland – Media Officer
IRELAND UNDER-20s’ 2015 RBS 6 Nations Fixtures/Results:
Friday, February 6: Italy U-20s 15 Ireland U-20s 47, Stadio Pozzi Lamarmora, Biella
Friday, February 13: Ireland U-20s v France U-20s, Dubarry Park, 7.05pm
Friday, February 27: Ireland U-20s v England U-20s, Donnybrook, 7.05pm
Friday, March 13: Wales U-20s v Ireland U-20s, Parc Eirias, Colwyn Bay, 7.45pm
Friday, March 20: Scotland U-20s v Ireland U-20s, Netherdale, Galashiels, 7.30pm