The IRFU are currently accepting applications for the position of Womens and Girls Rugby Development Manager.
Reporting to the IRFU Director of Rugby Development and Club Game, the primary responsibility of this position will be increasing the participation of women and girls in all forms of rugby.
This will involve implementing a strategic plan which leverages the involvement of the Irish Women’s National team in both Olympic 7s and Six Nations.
Key to this success will be the execution of a promotion programme which raises the profile and changes the perception of the Women’s Game.
The successful candidate must also have flexible working arrangements ensuring their ability to work evenings and weekends.
Essential requirements for this post:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a sports development environment and/or high level of volunteering experience.
- Knowledge of factors affecting Girls and Women’s participation in sport and in particular rugby.
- Knowledge of Coach Education Pathway and Player pathway including LTPD.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office and its applications.
Desirable requirements for this post:
- 2 years experience of developing girls and women’s rugby.
- Knowledge of the competition framework for Women’s team sports.
- Experience of organising and managing events.
Interested parties who meet the above criteria should email a curriculum vitae and cover letter of not more than one page supporting your application.
Alternatively you can post a copy to: Human Resources Department, IRFU, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is 5:00pm 19th October 2012.