The IRFU is currently seeking a First Aid and Injury Prevention Officer to assist with the further development and implementation of the IRFU SAFE Rugby Programme under the remit of the IRFU Medical Department.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver courses to clubs, schools and rugby stadia to ensure best practise is promoted. Appointment to this position will be on a contract for service basis.
This is a predominantly evening and weekend position so interested candidates must be available during these times.
A full clean driver’s license is essential and the successful candidate must be able to provide their own means of transport.
Essential requirements for this post:
• A recognised health professional qualification in the area of First Aid and BLS (Basic Life Support)
• A record of implementation of First Aid courses
• Excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to generate and deliver reports
• Proficient computer skills
Desirable requirements for this post:
• Knowledge and understanding of rugby union from a club environment
• Knowledge and understanding of sports injuries, with main emphasis on rugby related injuries
Interested parties who meet the above criteria should send a curriculum vitae and cover letter of not more than one page supporting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on 28th September 2012.