The IRFU and the National Dairy Council are hosting a Nutrition Seminar for Foundation Level Coaches in Aviva Stadium on Wednesday, June 8.
The aims of this 2-hour interactive workshop are to up-skill coaches in the area of sports nutrition and equip them with the knowledge and resources to provide practical nutrition advice to young players (approx. 12-16 years-old) to help improve performance.
The workshop is run by performance nutritionists who are working with professional rugby players who understand the nutrition demands of rugby – not just generic sport.
This workshop will present, discuss and practically demonstrate basic sports nutrition principles. An information pack will be provided which can be used to educate and inform young players to support their development.
Topics that will be covered during the workshop will include:
• Overview of energy demands of players
• Meeting energy and nutrient requirements for training
• Supporting physical gains from training
• Optimal energy intake on match day
• Maximising player recovery through nutrition
• Knowledge and resources to educate players (and parents) in managing their nutrition
If you are interested in attending this seminar on Wednesday, June 8, please email Niamh Nash for an application form.