IRFU President John Lyons attended the final day of the National Level 2 Coaching course in Malahide RFC and his message was simple, Irish Rugby needs quality coaches.
The President thanked the coaches for their ongoing commitment and in particular the time they invest in improving of the quality of the Irish game.
Presentations were delivered by:
Willie Anderson (Lineout)
Colin Moran (Skills Development)
Stephen Aboud (Creating & Using Space)
Allen Clarke (Ruck & Maul),
Des Ryan (Planning a Fitness programme),
Tony Smeeth (Defence),
Niall Malone (Counter Attack)
Alistair Brown (Role of the Coach)
Wayne Mitchel assisted all presentations as facilitator.
The Coaches are now required to fullfil the following rquirements to gain accreditation:
1. Log 60 hours coaching (Head Coach stage 4 rugby)
2. Produce a report on 360 degree feedback questionnaire
3. Produce a periodised development plan for the season
4. Sucessfully complete the practical observations
5. Complete open book law test (if required)
National Coach Development Manager