The IRFU are currently accepting applications for the position of a Rugby Development Officer based in Connacht. Click here for more details.
Rugby Development Officer, Connacht
The IRFU are currently accepting applications for the position of a Rugby Development Officer based in Connacht. The Rugby Development Officer is an integral part of the IRFU rugby operations and the successful applicant will join a team of Development Officers, employed throughout the country, working on the development, promotion and growth of the game of rugby. The main duties involved are:
– Visits to schools and clubs to develop all facets of the game of rugby
– Promotion of rugby to its playing / coaching public in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
– Delivery of a series of tailored, focussed and high quality rugby development programmes and initiatives.
– Organising, participating and delivering coaching courses and player clinics
– Attending rugby coaching and development seminars and coaching courses
– Coordinating, organising and administering rugby operations and procedures as assigned by the Provincial Development Manager
The successful candidate will have a,
– strong academic background
– previous knowledge and playing experience of rugby
– strong communication, leadership and presentation capability
– positive and proactive approach to coaching rugby
– ability to present and teach in an effective manner
If you would like to apply for this position please send a detailed letter of application combined with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (with current salary level) to the address below. Alternatively, you may email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Jane McCarthy
Human Resources Officer
Irish Rugby Football Union
56 Lansdowne Road
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 1st of March 2005