UCC wing Richard Lane has been named on the right wing for the Ireland Under 21 side ahead of this evening’s crucial game against Argentina in Iffley Road (6pm).
UCC wing Richard Lane has been named on the right wing for the Ireland Under 21 side ahead of this evening’s crucial game against Argentina in Iffley Road (6pm). The Munster man is the only alteration coach Michael Bradley has made for the game with Lane’s inclusion meaning a reshuffle that sees Keith Matthews (pictured) revert to his more normal centre position at the expense of his UL Bomemians clubmate, Barry Murphy.
To progress to the semi-finals, the Irish have to beat the Argentines and secure a bonus point, then hope the South Africans can beat Wales comprehensively.
15. Peter O’Brien – UCC
14. Richard Lane – UCC
13. Keith Matthews – UL Bohemians
12. Glen Telford – Instonians
11. John Hearty – Blackrock College
10. Michael Rainey – Glasgow Hawks Capt
9. Fiach O’Loughlin – Shannon
1.Jason Moran – UCD
2. Rory Best – Belfast Harlequins
3. Declan Fitzpatrick – Belfast Harlequins
4.David Gannon – UCD
5. Neil McComb – Dundee Highschool
6. John Muldoon – Galwegians
7. Niall Ronan – Lansdowne
8. Ciaran Potts – St. Mary’s
16. Kevin Corrigan – UCD
17. Eugene McGovern – Old
18. Simon Crawford – UCD
19. Michael McComish – Ballymena
20. Conor O’Loughlin – Buccaneers
21. David McAllister – Terenure College
22. Tommy Bowe – Queens University.