An injury sustained in training on Wednesday has ruled out-half Michael Rainey out of the Ireland U21 side for the game against Wales, David McAllister replaces him in the starting XV.
An injury sustained in training on Wednesday has ruled out-half Michael Rainey out of the Ireland U21 side for the game against Wales, David McAllister replaces him in the starting XV with Barry Keeshan coming onto the bench. The injury to Rainey means that coach Michael Bradley has made four changes to his side, from that which defeated France by 13 – 12, for the game against Wales tomorrow (Fri) afternoon in Ebbw Vale (2.30).
John Lyne comes in at loose head prop for Eugene McGovern;
Declan Fitzpatrick plays at tight head in place of Jason Moran and at number 6, Ciaran Potts takes over from John Muldoon.
Ireland Under 21 v Wales, at Ebbw Vale, Friday, March 21st (2.30 pm).
15. Tommy Bowe – Queens University
14. Richard Lane – UCC
13. Barry Murphy – UL Bohemians
12. Keith Matthews – UL Bohemians
11. John Hearty – Blackrock College
10. David McAllister – UCC
9. Fiach O’Loughlin – Shannon
8. Stephen Keogh – UCC capt
7. Niall Ronan – Lansdowne
6. Ciaran Potts – St. Mary’s College
5. Neil McComb – Dundee Highschool
4. David Gannon – UCD
3. Declan Fitzpatrick – Belfast Harlequins
2. Rory Best – Belfast Harlequins
1. John Lyne – Lansdowne
16 – Kevin Corrigan – UCD
17. – Eugene Mc Govern – Old
18. Shane O’Connor – Cork Constitution
19. John Muldoon – Galwegians
20. Conor O’Loughlin – Buccaneers
21. Barry Keeshan -UCC
22. Peter O’Brien – UCC.