Jump to main content


Peter Clohessy Injured in Fire Incident

Peter Clohessy Injured in  Fire Incident

10/04/02.Following an accident at his home on Monday night, Peter Clohessy suffered burns to his arm and face and was removed to hospital for an overnight stay.

The Young Munster prop, who retired from international rugby after Ireland’s defeat in Paris last weekend, sustained the injuries last night. Clohessy is believed to have been burning rubbish in his garden last night when the accident occured.

A spokesperson for Munster said this afternoon that their main concern was for the player himself and for his wife and family. They were awaiting medical advice as to the severity of the burns and the spokesperson said discussion on the player’s availability for the Heineken Cup sem-final would be “inappropriate at this stage.”

Google Ad Manager – 300×250 – In Article