The course is part of a process in which the participant will be offered ongoing support over a three-year period through club and school visits and access to a network of certified conditioning coaches.
The Certified Conditioning Coach Course is a practical hands-on course where you will see and practice the many drills and exercises that are appropriate for conditioning rugby players at all levels.
More learning will occur as you return to your club or school and continue the process.
There are two options to complete the course - the first is in Thomond Park and the second is in the Aviva Stadium.
A number of IRFU and guest strength and conditioning experts will be presenting on the course.
The list below is the presenters who presented on the course last year:
- Des Ryan - IRFU Fitness Education Manager
- Chris Shields - IRFU Ulster Sub Academy Fitness Advisor
- Declan Gamble - SINI
- Rodney Kennedy - University of Ulster Sport Science Dept.
- Sami Dowling - IRFU Leinster Sub Academy Fitness Advisor
- Chris Webster - PDM Ulster Branch
- Paudi Roche - IRFU Munster Sub Academy Fitness Advisor
- Colin Buckley - IAWA Coach Education Director
- Dr PJ Smyth - Head of Motor Development in PE and Sports Science at University of Limerick
- Dr. Liam Hennessy
- Ruth Wood Martin - IRFU Performance Nutritionist
Date- 25/6/12 to 29/6/12
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Date- 2/7/12 to 6/7/12
Once again, due to the increased demand for places this year, the IRFU will run two courses, one in Limerick and one in Dublin. A number of coaches had to be turned down last year so to avoid disappointment please apply early.
To book your place, please email Niamh Nash.