The main responsibilities of the role will include;
- Co-ordinating a team of Strength & Conditioning Coaches in designing, delivering and monitoring pre-season and in-season squad physical preparation.
- Ensuring alignment between the academy, development and senior programmes and,
- The implementation of the IRFU development programme.
Reporting to the Head Coach, Munster Rugby and the IRFU Head of Fitness, the successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years' experience in a senior fitness or strength and conditioning position, ideally within a professional rugby environment.
- Recognised degree in physical education, human movement, sports science or equivalent.
- An industry recognised certification in strength and conditioning.
- Excellent coaching skills in all areas of high performance strength and conditioning.
- An appreciation of the structures of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development pathway.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
The successful candidate must be available to take up the position as soon as possible.
To apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com or alternatively to Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is 13th September 2013.