Aaron Cruden replaces Dan Carter at out-half and Wyatt Crockett comes in for Tony Woodcock at loosehead prop. Beauden Barrett and Ben Franks have been promoted to the replacements bench.
Winger Cory Jane also returns to the starting line-up, replacing Charles Piutau, while Luke Romano starts in the second row with Brodie Retallick on the bench.
Steven Luatua will line out at blindside flanker with Sam Cane coming onto the bench to cover the loose forwards, and Andrew Hore takes Keven Mealamu's place at hooker.
The selected matchday squad also features the inclusion of uncapped half-back TJ Perenara among the reserves.
Head coach Steve Hansen said: "This Test against the Irish is another great opportunity for the team to put in a performance we can all be proud of.
"Though we have won the last two Tests on the tour (against France and England), we would like to see an improvement on those two performances.
"We love playing in Ireland and have a lot of respect for the Irish. We well remember the second Test against them in Christchurch last year (when the All Blacks just won 22-19) and we know that if our minds aren't totally on the job in our preparation this week and in the game on Sunday, then we will suffer."
NEW ZEALAND Team & Replacements (v Ireland, Aviva Stadium, 2013 GUINNESS Series, Sunday, November 24, kick-off 2pm):
15. Israel Dagg (Hawke's Bay/Crusaders) 37
14. Cory Jane (Wellington/Hurricanes) 44
13. Ben Smith (Otago/Highlanders) 25
12. Ma'a Nonu (Wellington/Highlanders) 87
16. Dane Coles (Wellington/Hurricanes) 14
17. Ben Franks (Hawke's Bay/Hurricanes) 30
18. Owen Franks (Canterbury/Crusaders) 53
19. Brodie Retallick (Bay of Plenty/Chiefs) 23
20. Sam Cane (Bay of Plenty/Chiefs) 14
21. TJ Perenara (Wellington/Hurricanes) *
22. Beauden Barrett (Taranaki/Hurricanes) 15
23. Ryan Crotty (Canterbury/Crusaders) 4
* Denotes uncapped player