From the pilgrim walk in the Camino, the scaling heights of Machu Picchu, the cavernous gullies of the Grand Canyon and the sights and sounds of Thailand, MS Ireland has the best walks to offer.
And 2009 will be no different. Each of their four different treks will offer a variety of experiences for the novice or seasoned trekker.
Although the treks are different, the results are the same - invaluable financial support for our services to the 7,000 families living with MS, a lifelong neurological disease.
- In June MS Ireland will return to the Camino de Santiago in Northern Spain
- In September MS Ireland will make their way back to Peru
- November will see MS Ireland cross the world to the beautiful country of Nepal
- In December MS Ireland will venture to Cuba
Stephen Keogh commented: "We are delighted that MS Ireland is Leinster Rugby's charity of the year. The MS walks are a great way to get fit as well as fundraise for services that will help people with MS in Ireland today."
Felipe Contepomi added: "The MS walks are launching its 2009 charity treks and with four great destinations now is a great time to get involved.
"MS is a condition that affects the whole family and we are delighted to be able to lend our support to this very worthwhile cause."
MS Ireland treks and adventures are suitable for a range of fitness levels. Full support is given before, during and after all events including assistance with fundraising and fitness training.
Trained, experienced guides lead all our walks and staff from MS Ireland go on all events to ensure maximum safety and enjoyment.
If you would like to book a place or would like to learn more about any of MS Ireland's treks or adventures, please call their loCall number on 1850 650 950 or check out their website at www.ms-society.ie.
MS Ireland only receives 50% funding from the State and therefore relies heavily on the generosity of their fundraisers and donors.
The money raised through the treks and adventures is spent on services that that a direct impact on the MS community.
These services include:
- One-to one support and counselling for those newly diagnosed
- Respite care, giving carers a well earned rest
- Information days, workshops and seminars
- Activity days and events for children of someone with MS