5 Dec, 14:49
The Ireland Under-19 squad to face Australia Schools at Ravenhill on Saturday week (December 14) has been announced.
The 27-year-old prop, who stands at 6ft and weighs in at 19-and-a-half stone, won the first of his two Test caps for France against Scotland in the 2008 RBS 6 Nations at Murrayfield, with the second following six days later as a replacement against Ireland at the Stade de France.
Brugnaut travelled to Ireland yesterday (Tuesday) with his agent Miguel Fernandez to meet Munster officials and took little time to agree terms.
"I was immediately impressed with what I saw and heard. It is a very professional set-up," he said.
"I am, of course, well aware of Munster and their great history in the Heineken Cup and I am very happy to be joining them and looking forward to the challenge."
Brugnaut has agreed a one-year deal with an option for a second season.
He returned home earlier this afternoon and is expected to join up with the squad next week.
Commenting on the deal, Munster CEO Garrett Fitzgerald said: "It is the first time we have had a French international in the squad.
"We are delighted to be able to attract a player of Julien's quality and I believe it is a move that will reap dividends for both Munster and the player himself."