The main responsibilities of the role will include implementing the IRFU physical development programme, co-ordinating a team of strength & conditioning coaches to ensure all players receive individual development programmes, monitoring and reporting on pre-season/in-season squad preparation, ensuring alignment between the Academy and senior development programmes.
Reporting to the director of coaching, Munster Rugby and the IRFU Head of Fitness, the successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of five years' experience in a senior fitness position within a professional rugby environment.
• Recognised degree or higher national diploma in physical education, human movement, practical certification in sport related competence (i.e. SAQ, strength and conditioning, functional conditioning).
• Excellent coaching skills in strength and power training and functional stability assessment and development.
• An appreciation and thorough understanding of the structures of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development pathway.
• Excellent people management and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
To apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to:
Human Resources Department,
Irish Rugby Football Union,
10-12 Lansdowne Road,
The closing date for applications is March 18.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.