The IRFU are currently accepting applications for the position of Elite Player Development Officer (Forwards Specialist), based in Leinster.
With responsibility for the delivery of the National Talent Programme in Leinster, the Elite Player Development Officer plays a key role in ensuring vibrant development programmes exist through which elite players are identified for Leinster and Ireland.
Reporting to the Leinster Academy Manager, the successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following main duties:
– Manage and operate the elite player development programmes in the province as directed by the Academy Manager and IRFU High Performance Manager
– Deliver technical sessions to elite squads/players in the province
– Assist with coaching courses and player clinics
– Supervise and manage the Regional Development squads
The successful applicant will have:
– Excellent understanding of the game of rugby and in particular forward play
– Excellent ability to deliver collective/reduced coaching sessions to 16 to 20-year-olds
– Excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills
– Five years’ experience coaching/playing at an elite level and a Level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent are highly desirable
To apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page, highlighting relevant experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is Friday, December 14, 2012.
Full job description available upon request.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.