The Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) is currently accepting applications for the position of Head of Fitness for Leinster Rugby.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified personnel to lead a team of fitness coaches within Leinster Rugby. This exciting and challenging position will play a critical role in the on-going development of players in Leinster.
The main responsibilities of the role will include co-ordinating a team of strength & conditioning coaches, monitoring and reporting on pre-season/in-season squad preparation, ensuring alignment between the Academy and senior development programmes and to implement the IRFU development programme.
Reporting to the Head Coach, Leinster Rugby and the IRFU Head of Fitness, the successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a senior fitness position ideally within a professional rugby environment.
• Recognised degree or higher national diploma in physical education, human movement, practical certification in sport related competence (i.e. SAQ, strength and conditioning, functional conditioning).
• Excellent coaching skills in strength and power training and functional stability assessment and development.
• An appreciation of the structures of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development pathway.
• Excellent people management and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
The successful candidate must be available to take up the position as soon as possible.
To apply, please email your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page highlighting relevant experience or alternatively post to:
Human Resources Department
Irish Rugby Football Union
10-12 Lansdowne Road
The closing date for applications is 11th September 2012.