Jump to main content


Thursday Decision For Connacht Match

Thursday Decision For Connacht Match

With Connacht due to host Aironi Rugby in the Magners League on Friday, a decision on the playability of the Sportsground pitch will be made on Thursday morning.

The playing surface at the Galway ground has been monitored constantly over the last few days but with the weather not set to clear until Friday. Connacht officials want to give the pitch every chance to thaw out.

Connacht Rugby CEO Gerry Kelly said: “We’re keeping a close eye on the weather forecast at the moment.

Google Ad Manager – 300×250 – In Article

“It’s promised to warm up a bit on Friday morning but we’re conscious that Aironi have travel arrangements and we want to make sure that it is safe for fans to travel to the match as well.

“A final decision on whether the game goes ahead will be made tomorrow morning at 11am.”