The Connacht Branch of the Irish Rugby Football Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Community Rugby Officer. The Community Rugby Officer is an integral part of the IRFU domestic rugby development programme. The position will be based primarily in the North of the Province and at various other locations from time to time.
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge and understanding of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) programme together with excellent communication, organisational and decision-making skills.
Three years experience in coaching, refereeing or player development and an IRFU Level 1 coaching accreditation is essential. A full clean Drivers Licence is also essential.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following main duties:
– Responsible for growing the game in clubs, schools and/or colleges in the designated geographical region and ensuring players have a life long experience in the game.
– Maintain up to date records of all clubs and their status/progress against agreed Rugby Operational Development Plans
– Implementation of Community Rugby partnerships.
– Have a full understanding of Club Support Scheme criteria – to include all development programmes and administration
– Work with clubs so that they will benefit from provincial programmes to develop and recognise volunteers
– Ensure clubs embrace the IRFU Child Welfare Policy and have an appointed Child Welfare Officer.
– Engage in blitzes, extravaganzas, summer camps, tag rugby as required.
The successful candidate will be required to work during evenings and at weekends. As per IRFU policy, the successful candidate will not be permitted to engage in coaching activities (paid or unpaid) in any club or school. While a staff vehicle and limited out of pocket expenses will be provided, travel to and from the primary place of work in North Connacht to the home address will not be covered.
To apply, please forward a one page cover letter detailing why you think you are the person for the position; a short detailed CV with the names of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively via post to Hazel Elwood Casburn, Connacht Rugby, The Sportsground, College Road, Galway.
· The closing date for applications is Tuesday 10th August at midday.
· Interviews will be held on 18 or 19th August in the Connacht Branch Office, Galway – candidates must be available to interview on these dates.
· The expected start date for this position is 30th August.