23 May, 12:21
The Irish Rugby Supporters Club is delighted to announce that tickets for the GUINNESS Series 2013 will go on sale on ticketmaster.ie at 10am on Thursday, May 30.
The two weeks proved to be a great success with coaches developing there skills and making connections and friendships during the course.
The week proved to be very enjoyable with coaches and presenters mixing well during the two weeks and many contacts were made for future development.
The facilities in Jordanstown and I.T. Carlow were of a very high standard which was of great benefit as the course was mainly practical.
This resulted in a very active and fun week for the coaches.
The course is run by Dr. Liam Hennessy, IRFU Director of Fitness, with assistance from Des Ryan, Course Manager and IRFU Fitness Education Officer and Course Administrator Niamh Nash.
Topics covered were:
Principles, Demands, Needs, Warm Ups, Prehab, Functional assessment, Integrated Conditioning, Planning & Periodisation, Testing, Nutrition, Strength, Speed, LTPD, Fundamental Movement Skills.
* Des Ryan, IRFU Fitness Education Manager
* Paul Pook, Irish Senior Team Strength and Conditioning Coach
* Chris Shields, IRFU Ulster Sub Academy Fitness Advisor
* Declan Gamble, SINI
* Ruth Wood Martin, IRFU Performance Nutritionist
* Rodney Kennedy, University of Ulster Sport Science Dept.
* Chris Webster, PDM Ulster Branch
* Colin Buckley, IAWA Coach Education Director
* Martin Zagiega, Silver medalist Super heavy weight Olympics in Seoul 1988 and full-time German weight lifting Coach
* Dr PJ Smyth, Head of Motor Development in PE and Sports Science at University of Limerick
The coaches are now required to undertake the accreditation process which if successful will lead to the coach being a confident and competent conditioner.
Many coaches who have completed the CCC course in the past are working with regional squads in the four provinces ensuring that young Irish rugby players are been physically developed using best practice.
Many other coaches are implementing the content they learned on the CCC course with their school or club. This is increasing the development age of our players throughout the country.
For more information on the Certified Conditioning Programme, please click here.