UCD RFC would like to invite applications for the position of 1st XV head coach for the 2019/20 season.
The Club: Founded in 1910, UCD RFC has a proud history and a tradition of playing an expansive style of rugby which enables players to develop to their full potential. The UCD RFC Academy (established in 1997) has a history of high quality recruitment and player retention and an enviable track record in developing many players who have progressed to play representative and professional rugby.
Based on the Belfield campus, UCD have world class training and playing facilities. Competing in Division 1A of the All-Ireland League for several seasons, UCD are strongly focused on success at senior level and to attaining the highest possible ranking in the All-Ireland League.
The Candidate: This is an excellent opportunity to work with motivated, talented and ambitious young players in an established, positive environment.
– have a track record in being tactically proficient with an ability to motivate and develop a squad of players
– have an appreciation of the unique nature and characteristics of a University club and the ability to develop the ethos and culture of the club with its long history of playing an open style of rugby
– have an ability to adapt to changes in availability of players due to representative demands is important
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to work in conjunction with the director of rugby, J1 and Under-20 coaches to ensure a uniformity in approach with a clear alignment on style of play and tactical strategy throughout UCD RFC.
Qualifications: IRFU Stage 4 (or equivalent)
– Strong leadership
– Good communication and player management
– Plan and deliver high quality pitch sessions within a clear game-plan
– Attend all matches involving the club’s senior squad, J1s/Under-20s
– Analysis of performance with feedback to players
– Reporting to the director of rugby – conduct regular reviews with director of rugby and coaching team
Please forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of Wednesday, 8 May, 2019.
Due to the expected high number of applications, UCD RFC will only be able to respond to successful applicants.