Italy head coach Jacques Brunel has made four changes in personnel for his side’s RBS 6 Nations encounter with Ireland at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday (kick-off 1.30pm).
The most notable inclusions are Zebre duo Edoardo Padovani and Guglielmo Palazzani who feature together in a new-look half-back pairing. Kelly Haimona makes way for Padovani at out-half, while regular scrum half Edoardo Gori misses out with a fractured rib.
Up front, the sidelined Josh Furno is replaced by George Biagi in the second row and Davide Giazzon is selected at hooker in place of shoulder injury victim Leonardo Ghiraldini.
The Azzurri could give debuts to two more players on the bench as Zebre hooker Oliviero Fabiani and Benetton Treviso scrum half Alberto Lucchese are set to make the step up to Test rugby.
ITALY Team & Replacements (v Ireland, 2016 RBS 6 Nations Championship, Aviva Stadium, Saturday, March 12, kick-off 1.30pm):
15. David Odiete (Marchiol Mogliano) 2
14. Leonardo Sarto (Zebre) 26
13. Michele Campagnaro (Exeter Chiefs) 21
12. Gonzalo Garcia (Zebre) 42
11. Mattia Bellini (Petrarca Padova) 3
10. Edoardo Padovani (Zebre) 2
9. Guglielmo Palazzani (Zebre) 18
1. Andrea Lovotti (Zebre) 3
2. Davide Giazzon (Benetton Treviso) 26
3. Lorenzo Cittadini (Wasps) 47
4. George Biagi (Zebre) 10
5. Marco Fuser (Benetton Treviso) 9
6. Francesco Minto (Benetton Treviso) 26
7. Alessandro Zanni (Benetton Treviso) 97
8. Sergio Parisse (Stade Francais) 117 (capt)
16. Oliviero Fabiani (Zebre) *
17. Matteo Zanusso (Benetton Treviso) 3
18. Dario Chistolini (Zebre) 13
19. Quintin Geldenhuys (Zebre) 61
20. Abraham Steyn (Benetton Treviso) 1
21. Alberto Lucchese (Benetton Treviso) *
22. Kelly Haimona (Zebre) 9
23. Luke Mclean (Benetton Treviso, 77
* Denotes uncapped player at international level