The Irish Rugby Football Union is looking to appoint two part-time fitness coaches to work with the Sub-Academy players within the Munster Branch.
This is an exciting and challenging position which will play a critical role in on-going development of the fitness of players within the Province.
Reporting to the IRFU Fitness Education Manager and Munster Academy Manager, the main duties of the role are:
• Providing specialist support in the area of physical conditioning to age grade and nominated development players.
• Implementing the IRFU national fitness programme
• Developing an excellent working relationship with schools and youths coaches
The successful applicant will have:
• A recognised qualification (degree / diploma) in the area of physical education, sports science or human movement, along with previous, relevant coaching experience in the area of strength, power training and development
• Excellent organisation, communication and teamworking skills
• Previous experience in working with team players
• An additional qualification in sport related competence (SAQ, functional conditioning etc) would also be an advantage
• A good knowledge of microsoft office packages
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so in writing by forwarding an up-to-date curriculum vitae along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Human Resources Generalist
Irish Rugby Football Union
10-12 Lansdowne Road
The closing date for applications is Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 5pm. Candidates must be available for interview between August 3 and 6, 2010.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.