Attacking players (SH, OH, C1, C2, & BSW)
Defending players 3 (Flanker, OH, C1)
When ball is passed defenders try to cover attackers by man on or drift/slide defense. Outhalf must read development with support of centres & BSW (alternate direction of attack).
- Proper alignment (for skill level and conditions).
- Straight running and proper lines of support.
- Sympathetic passing.
- Clear communication.
- Correct decision making.
- Side step inside when attacking.
Defence - Man-on: use overlap or free player if :
- Early drift before OH passes: use BSW inside or outside.
- Late drift : attack space.
BSW trails OH & C1.
Minimum of 8 players