About IRFU Club Sevens
Following the awarding of ‘Olympic’ status to Rugby Sevens, the IRFU Club Sevens programme commencing in 2011 will provide a boost to Irish club rugby.
A new population of players will be introduced to the competitive rugby environment in a form of the sport that will also contribute to the 15-a-side setup without compromising it.
As well as Men (Senior, Junior) and Women (Senior), Schools and Youths will join the programme in the 2011/12 season.
- This Sevens experience will be of the highest quality and co-ordinated centrally by the IRFU
- Takes place in May (see Tournaments section of website)
- Criteria ensures only Irish-qualified players participate
- Four provincial events operating in club situated in relevant province
- Top two teams from each event promoted to IRFU Club Sevens All-Ireland Finals
- All-Final winners qualify to represent Ireland at an international ‘Ultimate 7s’ tournament staged in Europe.