With work now underway on the redevelopment of Musgrave Park, Munster Rugby has issued an update on what fans and players alike can look forward to come completion of the project in December 2014.
Having put the project out to tender, Munster Rugby recently appointed BAM as the main contractor and while some work has commenced on the €3.2m redevelopment, the main work will begin following the Il Divo concert on Saturday, June 21.
To date, the remaining ends of the West Terrace and pitchside wall have been removed.
As seen in the above artist's impression, the feature piece of the project will be the construction of a new West Stand. Running from floodlight to floodlight, the stand will be 100 metres long with a capacity of 3,500, increasing the overall match capacity of the stadium to 9,500.
Munster and visiting teams will move from their respective Dolphin and Sunday's Well end changing rooms to new changing facilities within the stand.
In keeping with all modern stadia, the new West Stand will also incorporate a medical room, media room, meeting rooms, commentary and media seating, as well as a large function room for pre and post-match receptions.
With fans in mind, all seating has been designed to ensure to the best possible view, no matter the location, while a disabled viewing platform will be located toward the middle rows of the stand.
Toilet, catering and shop facilities will now be available within the structure, with the aforementioned function room available for private and corporate functions on non-match days.
Across the pitch, the East Terrace is to be fully covered thanks to the kind support of the Munster Rugby Supporters Club, while a new pitch perimeter fence replaces the wall, maximising spectator views and ensuring player safety.
Pictured below is an artist's impression of the new West Stand from the Sunday's Well entrance.
The 2014/15 GUINNESS PRO12 season kicks off with two games on Friday night, Munster entertaining Edinburgh at Thomond Park and Benetton Treviso are the visitors to Swansea where they will face the Ospreys.
The Connacht squad are in the final stages of their pre-season preparations with their opening round of the GUINNESS PRO12 kicking off on Saturday when the Newport Gwent Dragons visit the Sportsground (kick-off 5pm).
Looking forward to the new GUINNESS PRO12 season, Connacht captain John Muldoon said: "We've a lot of younger guys who have big years ahead of them and a few big name signings who will hopefully be able to fit into the system and work hard among the ethos of Connacht Rugby."
Irish Rugby TV was at the launch of the GUINNESS PRO12 and we caught up with Jamie Heaslip, Pat Lam, John Muldoon, Matt O'Connor and Rory Sheridan of Diageo as the new sponsor gets ready to kick off an exciting season.
Speaking during Connacht's training trip to Ballinrobe RFC, captain John Muldoon said: "It's great to see the jerseys and the people coming out to support us today. Long may it continue because we're not a Galway team, we're a Connacht team and that's what we want to push and that's why we come out on these days out."
Young hooker David Heffernan, who extended his current deal with Connacht in April, enjoyed a trip back to his native Mayo as Pat Lam's men held an open training session at Ballinrobe RFC earlier this week.
Rob Murphy caught up with Connacht head coach Pat Lam after their bonus point win at home to Benetton Treviso. The westerners have been in resurgent form of late, picking up three straight league victories and 14 points from a possible 15.
Connacht head coach Pat Lam was left to rue turnovers and poor defence after they went down 19-12 to Glasgow Warriors in the RaboDirect PRO12. He said the November international break 'couldn't come at a better time for us' as they look to come back 'refreshed' and with more players back fit from injury lay-offs.