Primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage, develop and deliver high quality nutrition programmes through work with Senior, Academy and Sub-Academy players;
- Develop a 'food-first' approach in nutrition education to support health and performance in all players;
- Develop and implement innovative and evidence-based nutrition education sessions and resources to increase nutrition knowledge throughout the various levels;
- Implement, manage and monitor a sports supplement programme that adheres to IRFU policy.
Essential criteria include for this position include:
- A qualification at degree level in a relevant subject plus a recognised post-graduate qualification in Nutrition or a degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics;
- A minimum of 2 years' post-graduate experience in the provision of nutritional support to athletes and coaches to improve performance, which includes working in the areas of power, strength and speed team sports;
- Demonstrated ability in all areas of planning, implementation, modification and monitoring of specific nutrition programmes to support high performance;
- Demonstrated competence in the education of young athletes, which uses a food-focused approach to health and performance;
- Experience of developing and implementing evidence-based innovative ideas and putting them into practice, including working in an applied and integrated multi-disciplinary manner;
- ISAK Level 1 accreditation or willingness to undertake this training;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an effective and confident presenter to a range of target audiences including young people;
- Good IT (including dietary analysis), problem-solving and organisational skills;
- Adequate public liability and professional indemnity insurance;
- Eligibility to work within the EU is essential.
Please click here for a full job description for this post.
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter and your CV, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Eoin Ward, HR Officer, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. The cover letter should state clearly how you meet the qualifications and experience required.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 7th August 2014 at 17:00.
Interviews to be held on Wednesday, 20th August 2014 and all successful candidates will be notified and requested to attend for interview by Thursday 14 August.