They will also be fully trained in the use of GPS and other performance measurements. In addition to this there will be opportunities for in-house CPD.
This role affords the successful candidate the opportunity to advance their career and add Connacht Rugby, a professional sports organisation, to their CV.
Requirements for applicants:
- Current undergraduate/postgraduate students in Sport Science related course
- Basic knowledge of Olympic lifting
- Basic knowledge of the energy systems involved in rugby
- Must be able to source accommodation and support themselves in Galway for the duration of the placement
- Must be willing to work hard as part of a team on a daily basis (Monday-Friday)
How to apply:
Please email a CV (no more than two A4 pages) and covering letter (no more than one A4 page), explaining your suitability for the role, addressed to:
Jim Molony, senior fitness coach
Closing date is Monday, June 16, 2014 at 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews to take place on Thursday, June 19 and Friday, June 20 in Galway.