Reporting to the Head Coach, Connacht Rugby and the IRFU Head of Fitness, the successful candidate will:
• Co-ordinate a team of Strength & Conditioning Coaches in designing, delivering and monitoring pre-season and in-season squad physical preparation.
• Ensure alignment between the academy, development and senior programmes and,
• Implement the IRFU development programme.
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of five years' experience in a senior fitness or strength and conditioning position, ideally within a professional rugby environment.
• Recognised degree in physical education, human movement, sports science or equivalent.
• An industry recognised certification in strength and conditioning.
• An appreciation of the structures of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development pathway.
• Excellent people management and leadership skills.
The successful candidate must be available to take up the position prior to the 2014/2015 pre-season.
This position is being offered on a 2 year fixed-term, full-time basis and is based in Galway. To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send your CV to Eoin Ward, HR Department, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday, February 19, 2014.