17 Jun, 19:25
Ireland pulled clear of hosts Canada with four tries in the closing half hour as they earned a 40-14 victory at the BMO Stadium on Saturday night. Check out some photos from the Toronto tussle.
IRUPA, the Irish Rugby Union Players Association, is a non-profit making organisation which aims to promote and protect the welfare of our members by endeavouring to safeguard their futures both on and off the pitch.
The aim of the PSP is to assist players in achieving a sport/life balance during their careers and ultimately to make the transition out of professional rugby as smooth as possible when that time comes. The successful candidates will be required to achieve set targets under the following areas:
• Career and education training
• Personal and professional development
• Player image and brand awareness
• Financial planning and management
• Management of specific welfare and support programmes
The Player Services Advisors will be required to develop and maintain close working relationships with players and provincial team management in Munster and Connacht.
They will be required to liaise closely with Player Services Advisors in the other provinces, attend quarterly meetings of their respective Player Services Working Parties, and provide regular progress reports to IRUPA's CEO.
The successful candidates will:
• Have a minimum of three years experience and a record of achievement in delivering a professional programme, preferably within a service or support environment.
• Be educated to degree level preferably in a discipline related to the role.
• Be an excellent communicator/ presenter with the ability to build close relationships with stakeholders.
• Have excellent organisational skills and be highly motivated.
• Preferably have experience and knowledge in some of the following areas: career planning with adults, learning and development programmes, outplacement and recruitment, knowledge of education courses and training providers, knowledge of employee welfare and general well-being.
• Preferably have a background in sport and an understanding of elite athletes' needs and requirements.
This is a unique career opportunity to work within the top professional sport operating in Ireland today. IRUPA will continue to support the success of our players by ensuring their welfare is paramount. This key role will play an important part in providing that support.
Applicants should note that the Munster Player Services Advisor will be expected to be based in Cork or Limerick. Connacht's Player Services Advisor will be expected to be based in Galway.
Applicants should email a CV and a cover letter of no more than one page, in confidence to:
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th March at 5:00pm
IRUPA is an equal opportunities employer.