Fellow front rower Rory Harrison, winger Sam Coghlan Murray, scrum half Harry Doyle and lock Shane Buckley are also back from twelve months ago.
Encouragingly, out of last year's Irish Schools panel, Andrew Conway, Tiernan O'Halloran, Brendan Macken, Jamies McKinney, Gareth Quinn McDonogh, Niall Annett, David Doyle and Jordi Murphy have all gone on to be part of Ireland's recent Six Nations Championship-winning Under-20 squad.
The 2010 Schools squad boasts representatives from all four of the recently-crowned provincial Schools Cup champions - Clongowes Wood, Presentation Brothers College, Cork, Ballymena Academy and Colaiste Iognaid.
Head coach Terry McMaster has opted to stick with the same back-line that impressed against Italy in Donnybrook four months ago, with Peter Nelson and JJ Hanrahan combining in the centre and Paddy Jackson and Luke McGrath teamed together at half-back.
The all-Munster second row partnership of Yasin Browne and Shane Buckley has been retained, as well as the exciting back row trio of Adam Clarkin, Aaron Conneely and Daniel Qualter.
IRELAND UNDER-18 SCHOOLS Team & Replacements (v Wales Under-18s, U-18 Five Nations Festival, Llandovery RFC, Wales, Friday, April 2, kick-off 2pm):
15. Charlie Simpson (Ballymena Academy)
14. Stephen Macauley (Clongowes Wood College)
13. Peter Nelson (Royal School Dungannon)
12. JJ Hanrahan (Rockwell College)
11. Sam Coghlan Murray (Newbridge College)
10. Paddy Jackson (Methodist College)
9. Luke McGrath (St. Michael's College)
1. Rory Harrison (Methodist College)
2. James Rael (Castletroy Community College)
3. Niall Scannell (Presentation Brothers College, Cork) (capt)
4. Yasin Browne (Christian Brothers College, Cork)
5. Shane Buckley (Rockwell College)
6. Adam Clarkin (Terenure College)
7. Aaron Conneely (Colaiste Iognaid)
8. Daniel Qualter (Sligo Grammar School)
Replacements (from): Eoghan Cross (Crescent Community College), Conor Gilsenan (Clongowes Wood College), Jack Conan (St. Gerard's School), Kyle McCall (Wallace High School), Des Merrey (The King's Hospital), Peter Reilly (Castleknock College), Harry Doyle (Royal School Armagh), Mark Corballis (St. Michael's College), Aaron Thomas (Castleknock College), Cathal Marsh (St. Michael's College), Ritchie McMaster (Coleraine Academical Institution), Garret O'Suilleabhain (Clongowes Wood College).