Ireland's most capped player, Lynne Cantwell, will start at out-half and will form a new half-back pairing with Amy Davis, while Grace Davitt returns to the team after missing out last season and forms the centre partnership with Niamh Briggs.
Up front Fiona Coghlan will again captain the side and she is joined in the front row by Gillian Bourke and Ailis Egan.
Sophie Spence is the other new cap in the second row and she starts alongside the now established Marie Louise Reilly.
The back row has an experienced look with Laura Guest and Claire Molloy packing down either side of Joy Neville.
The match kicks off at 7.30pm at Ashbourne RFC on Friday night and there is a return coach for all supporters leaving Anglesea Road (Old Belvedere RFC) an hour before kick-off.
The cost is 20 euro and includes admission to the game and two drinks at the bar. For bookings, please contact Jenny on 0833766401.
IRELAND WOMEN'S Team & Replacements (v Wales Women, RBS Women's 6 Nations Championship, Ashbourne RFC, Friday, February 3, kick-off 7.30pm):
15. Ashleigh Baxter (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) *
14. Niamh Kavanagh (UL Bohemians/Munster)
13. Niamh Briggs (UL Bohemians/Munster)
12. Grace Davitt (Cooke/Ulster)
11. Alison Miller (Portlaoise/Highfield/Connacht)
10. Lynne Cantwell (Exile)
9. Amy Davis (Blackrock/Leinster)
1. Fiona Coghlan (UL Bohemians/Leinster) (capt)
2. Gillian Bourke (UL Bohemians/Munster)
3. Ailis Egan (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
4. Marie Louise Reilly (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
5. Sophie Spence (Exile) *
6. Laura Guest (Highfield/Munster)
7. Claire Molloy (Bristol/Exile)
8. Joy Neville (UL Bohemians/Munster)
16. Paula Fitzpatrick (St. Mary's/Leinster) *
17. Ruth O'Reilly (Galwegians/Connacht) *
18. Siobhan Fleming (Tralee/Munster) *
19. Heather O'Brien (Highfield/Munster)
20. Larissa Muldoon (Exile/UWIC/Ulster)
21. Nikki Caughey (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) *
22. AN Other
* Denotes uncapped player
Related Links -