This position involves direct management of all fitness staff operating within the IRFU.
Reporting directly to the IRFU Director of Rugby, and working closely with the directors of coaching and fitness coaches at provincial and national levels.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a head fitness position within a professional rugby environment.
- Recognised degree or higher national diploma in physical education, human movement, practical certification in sport related competence (i.e. SAQ, strength and conditioning, functional conditioning).
- Experience in the development and delivery of fitness related continued professional development.
- An appreciation and thorough understanding of the structures of Irish rugby and the Long Term Player Development pathway.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration and benefits package commensurate with this high profile position.
To apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page, highlighting relevant experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively to Human Resources, IRFU, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. The closing date for applications is 1pm, Friday, November 11, 2011.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.