Reporting to the IRFU director of rugby, the HP scrum coach, in conjunction with the high performance manager, will be responsible for the implementation and management of the programme in the National Academy structures in the four provinces and to the national and provincial age grade representative team structures.
(National and senior provincial teams will maintain existing coaching arrangements).
The successful candidate will have:
- Expert knowledge in the area of scrummaging and a proven track record of achievement in this area
- An IRFU/IRB or related union coaching accreditation
- The ability to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current scrummaging practice in order to achieve excellence and realise the vision
- A complete and thorough understanding of rugby union and the LTPD pathway
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels across the four provinces
Please email your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page, highlighting relevant experience, or alternatively post to:
Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, April 3, 2012.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.