12 Dec, 14:42
Prop Cian Healy is expected to miss the start of the 2014 RBS 6 Nations after undergoing surgery on his injured ankle on Wednesday.
The cup (and its bodyguard) will be available at the club grounds at Kilballyowen Park on the evening of Saturday, July 26 as part of the Bull 'N' Booze Tag festival and will be available for photo opportunities.
Your team will be guaranteed to play all matches at Bruff's home grounds, at the heart of the action, with full bar and barbeque facilities all day as well as lots more pitch-side entertainment. (The club do not use any remote locations such as school pitches or public parks).
For those who think that Tag rugby is a little 'soft' for their liking, Bruff can also confirm that their new first team recruit, the 'Bucking Bronco Bull', will be available on the day to deal with anyone who is willing or 'has the guts' to try and stay on his back.
And last but not least, another new entrant to the festivities, the 'Sumo Wrestling' suits will allow for all of those personal grudges which you are unable to deal with on the pitch (It being a non-contact sport!) to be sorted out and put to bed before the celebrations start.
Take out your frustrations on your opponents in the ring without any damage - except maybe to your ego! Have you got the necessary stamina and strength of character to be the 'last one standing' after both of these?
There is only one way to find out, come and join in on the day and here is how you can:
* Download entry form on www.bruffrfc.com and e-mail to email@example.com or call 0879312817
* Team entry fee: Only €200 (incl. camping and up to 12 players on each squad)
* IRFU Tag laws apply (www.irfutag.ie)
* Mixed social Tag blitz - 7-a-side teams, min. 3 females on pitch at all times
* IRFU Tag referees
* Adult Tag rugby event, all players must be over 18 years
Schedule Of Events -
Friday, July 25:
* 6pm campsite opens
* Teams arrive and check into accommodation
* 9.30pm welcome party at local pub in Bruff main street
* Advance team registration available.
* Live music venue at 'Clancy's Yard'
Saturday, July 26
* 1pm team registration and captains' briefing
* 2-6pm Tag rugby blitz (Each teams plays min. 4 games and max. 6 games)
* 7-9pm Live music on the pitch
* Big big barbeque
* The Bucking Bronco Bull - Try your skills on the rodeo bull
* If the Bull don't get ya then the 'Sumo Suits' will finish the job.
* Heineken Cup trophy shows up and poses for photos
* 9pm prizegiving by special guest
* If you're still standing at this stage (Tough aren't ya?) then we'll try to finish you off with the famous "AfterShock, Aftertag" celebration party with live band "Intrigue"
* For the really, truly fit, there is a disco and karaoke afterwards till late...
* Shuttle bus serving nominated local guest accommodation (list available)
* Bar and barbeque available all day
If you have the guts, we have the balls, come and join us...
- With thanks to Bruff PRO Richard Leonard