Reporting to the IRFU Director of Rugby, the High Performance Manager will be responsible for the review and development of the IRFU Elite Player Development Programme.
This will encompass responsibility for the National Age Grade Representation sides and the Provincial Academy structures.
The High Performance Manager will work closely with the Irish professional rugby structures to maximise the emergence of future Irish professional players. Key areas of responsibilities include developing the elite pathway, people management, overseeing academy player contracts, succession planning, player welfare and financial planning.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of achievement in the area of 'Performance Development' for elite athletes.
- Experience in the coaching and development of players in the elite representative game.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Experience in strategic management and planning.
- Knowledge and experience of financial management, performance management and corporate governance.
- An IRFU / IRB or related union coaching accreditation.
The successful candidate will receive a remuneration and benefits package commensurate with this responsibility. This position is being offered on a fixed term basis. Applicants should note that this role will require a lot of travel and attendance at age grade national games both at home and abroad.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter of not more than one page supporting your application to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 20th July 2012.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer
Related Links -