Reporting to the Leinster Academy Manager, the successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following main duties:
- Manage and operate the elite player development programmes in the province as directed by the Academy Manager and IRFU High Performance Manager
- Deliver technical sessions to elite squads/players in the province
- Assist with coaching courses and player clinics
- Supervise and manage the Regional Development squads
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent understanding of the game of rugby and in particular forward play
- Excellent ability to deliver collective/reduced coaching sessions to 16 to 20-year-olds
- Excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills
- Five years' experience coaching/playing at an elite level and a Level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent are highly desirable
To apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter of not more than one page, highlighting relevant experience, to email@example.com or alternatively to Human Resources Department, Irish Rugby Football Union, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is Friday, December 14, 2012.
Full job description available upon request.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.