12 Dec, 14:42
Prop Cian Healy is expected to miss the start of the 2014 RBS 6 Nations after undergoing surgery on his injured ankle on Wednesday.
The Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) is the governing body for the sport of rugby union in Ireland. We are currently inviting applications for the position of 'Women's Strength and Conditioning Coach'.
Based in the new state of the art facility in the Dublin City University Sports Grounds, this role will involve assisting the Lead Women's Strength and Conditioning Coach in the delivery of strength and conditioning support to National Squad players based in Dublin. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the National Women's 15s strength and conditioning programme up to and during the Six Nations competition.
Primary responsibilities will be:
• Liaise with Lead National Women's S&C coach to design and deliver S&C support for assigned athletes
• Liaise with Medical staff on rehab and injury prevention elements of individual player S&C programs
• Monitor, record and report agreed training performance and player wellness markers
• Liaise with Performance Nutritionist with regards to nutrition, hydration and supplementation
• Contribute to screening days and assist in capturing, recording and the interpretation of screening data
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in the area of sports science, strength and conditioning or human movement, or in the final stages of completion
• A recognised professional strength and conditioning qualification to work independently across all areas and levels within the discipline
• IT skills appropriate for the management of data and programmes and the effective use of internet for communication
• At least three years' experience of working as a Strength and Conditioning Coach with performance athletes. Must include experience of coaching and managing athlete groups, both in the gym and on the pitch
• Excellent time management and the ability to work independently in a task focused manner
This position is being offered on a Part-time Fixed-Term Contract basis for a seven (7) month period. Applicants should note that this role will be based in Dublin City University (DCU), Dublin.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter supporting your application to Eoin Ward.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday, October 11, 2013
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer
|irishrugby.ie Fans' Poll|