24 May, 14:08
The Irish Rugby Supporters Club is delighted to announce that tickets for the GUINNESS Series 2013 will go on sale on ticketmaster.ie at 10am on Thursday, May 30.
Irish fans can also join the O2 Green Mile on Merrion Row (from 2.30pm), to support the team as they make their way to the Aviva Stadium.
To keep the build-up to the big game going, welcome fans to the Aviva Stadium, and ensure they are in full voice come kick-off, musicians will be located inside the stadium before a spectacular pyrotechnics show welcomes the teams to the pitch.
To ensure fans miss none of the action, Irish rugby legend Alan Quinlan will feature in a tongue-in-cheek poster campaign (pictured above), to be displayed on TV screen throughout the stadium, requesting fans take their seats before kick-off.
IRFU director of communications Stephen McNamara said: "The arrival of the French team and its supporters is a real highlight in the RBS 6 Nations calendar, ensuring another sell-out at the Aviva Stadium.
"We invite fans to make the most of the Saturday evening match by soaking up the atmosphere at one of the many entertainment points in the Green Zone, which has grown and grown since it was first introduced for our November internationals, before arriving at the stadium, at least 45 minutes before kick-off, to ensure they are in their seat at least 15 minutes before the teams take to the pitch.
"We know the team hugely values the support it receives on match day and we want to ensure that the Aviva will be packed, vibrant and in full voice to welcome the Irish team onto the pitch and then give them that invaluable edge throughout the match."
Ahead of the game the IRFU provided the following advice to fans:
1. Dress for the weather - ensure to wear warm/protective clothing
2. Bring on the Green - fill the stadium with colour to spur on their Ireland team
3. Refrain from purchasing tickets from an unauthorised source
5. Join 'the Green Mile' (on Merrion Row from 2.30pm) to support the team as they travel to the Aviva
6. Enjoy the Green Zone entertainment on your approach to the stadium
7. Arrive at the stadium at least 45 minutes before kick-off
8. Take your seats by 4.45pm to ensure the French receive a 'warm' Irish welcome and to view the spectacular pyrotechnics show that will welcome the teams
9. Miss none of the action - return to you seats five minutes ahead of the second half
10. LISTEN TO QUINNY - TAKE YOUR SEATS BEFORE KICK-OFF! - Check out his message at the end of this behind the scenes video.
|RBS 6 Nations Table|