Thomas Waldrom has been added to the replacements bench in place of Haskell, while Manu Tuilagi, back from an ankle injury, takes over from David Strettle as one of the reserve backs.
England head coach Stuart Lancaster said: "We were pleased with our intent to play against Scotland. A lot of the players performed very well and with Manu coming back into the equation it gave us some selection decisions.
"But with the centres playing well last week and Manu still returning to match fitness, having not played for the last four weeks, he and others will give us great options from the bench in what I am sure will be a physical encounter.
"It was good to have Billy Vunipola be able to train with us in the middle of the week but he needs some game-time, so he and David Strettle will be available for their clubs this weekend."
Henry Thomas from Sale Sharks will travel as the 24th man tighthead prop cover following this evening's Aviva Premiership match against Exeter Chiefs.
ENGLAND Team & Replacements (v Ireland, 2013 RBS 6 Nations Championship, Aviva Stadium, Sunday, February 10, kick-off 3pm):
Club/International Caps -
15. Alex Goode (Saracens/7)
14. Chris Ashton (Saracens/30)
13. Brad Barritt (Saracens/12)
12. Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester/1)
11. Mike Brown (Harlequins/12)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers/29)
1. Joe Marler (Harlequins/6)
2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers/5)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers/36)
4. Joe Launchbury (London Wasps/5)
5. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers/13)
6. James Haskell (London Wasps/46)
7. Chris Robshaw (Harlequins/13) (capt)
8. Tom Wood (Northampton Saints/14)
16. Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints/43)
17. David Wilson (Bath/23)
18. Mako Vunipola (Saracens/5)
19. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints/16)
20. Thomas Waldrom (Leicester Tigers/4)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins/38)
22. Toby Flood (Leicester Tigers/54)
23. Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers/17)