In addition to qualification for the Rio games, the strategic aims of the new IRFU Olympic Sevens programme are to:
- Raise the profile of Irish female team sport
- Increase female participation in the game of rugby
- Position rugby as the sport of choice for young women
To assist with achieving the above objectives, the IRFU is seeking applications for the role of development coach.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that a development squad of potential international Sevens players are identified, assessed and provided with camp and daily training environment opportunities to reach the standard of Olympic class player within 2-3 years (and thus progress into the national squad).
Where directed, the individual will also assist the national coach with required tournament preparation, squad sessions and skills clinics.
- Assist the Sevens head coach in the management and implementation of the Irish Women's Rugby Sevens Programme
- Head coach for the Irish Women's Emerging Sevens squad
- Head coach, Irish Women's Rugby Sevens Programme
* Efficiently and effectively prepare and manage the Emerging Sevens squad and support staff for competitions
* Producing players through a long-term player succession programme for the development and senior Sevens squads
* Assist in the implementation of an effective and efficient Rugby Sevens Development and Performance Programme
* Emerging Sevens team coach
* Prepare and co-select the Emerging Sevens squad
* Lead Emerging Sevens squad support staff at training and competition
* Generate performance analysis for team and individual players (Emerging Sevens squad)
* Assist regional skills coaches in their practical sessions
* Assisting with the management and implementation of the Sevens Development Programme - focusing mainly (not exclusively) on development and TID players
* Undertake hands-on practical coaching sessions with regional and national players
* Assist with monitoring of the programme, players, resources and staff
* As required, generate reports for the head coach on the programme, staff and players
* Contribute to developing and updating of technical IT platform to facilitate information sharing with support staff and players
* Proven organisational, planning and management skills
* High level of rugby technical knowledge (with desired Sevens or coaching experience)
* Self-motivated and independent worker
* Ability to work independently and in a collective team
* Considerate and respectful of women in sport (experience of Women's rugby desirable)
* A precise, reflective, innovative and solution-focused person
* Competent IT skills
* Competent presentation, delivery and communication skills
Candidates who satisfy the above criteria are invited to apply providing a covering letter and CV outlining their coaching experience and suitability for the role.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, April 26, 2013.
In the first instance the appointment it will be a two-year contract, with annual review. The place of employment will be Dublin.