Reporting to the IRFU Director of Communications, the objective of the role will be to manage the IRFU’s media activities and support the strategic communications objectives of the organisation.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• To act as Media Officer for the National Senior Team and other representative teams.
• To assist the National Team Management in the development and delivery of key messages and advising them of areas of particular interest to media.
• To ensure that the National Team Management are aware of media needs, to promote a symbiotic working relationship.
• To advise on and assist in the management of key media activities across all sectors of Irish Rugby.
• To manage media operations at international representative games.
• To assist in management of media relations on behalf of the IRFU across the entire media spectrum which includes communications with Business, Political, Lifestyle and Consumer correspondents as well as sports correspondents.
• To support the further development and implementation of the New Media communications programme.
• To act from time to time as a spokesperson for the IRFU.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Be a skilled communicator with the ability to work independently but as part of an overall communications strategy and department structure.
• Have at least 4/5 years experience in a communications and/or media role preferably in a sports or sports related environment.
• Have a knowledge of the rugby landscape in Ireland and internationally.
• Have an understanding and interest in new media.
• Possess strong organisational skills incorporating excellent attention to detail.
• Have the facility to work flexible hours, as dictated by a sport which is largely leisure/volunteer based, and have the capacity to travel overseas as required.
This role offers an opportunity to work closely with the Irish Rugby Team Management and to assist the Union in the development and implementation of its strategic communications plan.
Applicants should note that this role which will be based in Dublin and is being offered on a 3 year fixed term basis.
Interested applicants should forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter supporting your application to Brónagh McDonald, TRB Associates, First Floor Whitaker Court, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, June 5, 2013